24 September 2010

Nearly there.... maybe....

Two days ago I traced off the moulage pattern on to some muslin. Which was interesting with SqueekMoo getting under foot.

Yesterday I sewed up all the darts and side seams and got the back zipper on. I was so excited. I went to try it on and then i realized I forgot to sew the shoulders. Alas I messed up the shoulder measurements.

I was so annoyed because I figured to fix it I would have to redraft the entire front bodice again. BLAH! so I grumbled and tossed it to the side.

This morning I rethought it an decided i could get the shoulder length right by tapping into the shoulder darts. what little fabric was added to the shoulder was needed to make the shoulder the right width, but wouldn't do anything to the bust measurement.

I tried it on and fit fit darn well. Since the measurements were taken in July, I think the reason why it's a little  loose in the waist/belly. I think I lost some baby weight since then. A good thing right?

Anyways I'm debating if I should take new measurements so it's prefect.

The flip side to all this is the actually form. Poor Cassie is  Uniquely You dress form. MacMac gave the final say on which size to get. I was right on the cusp between a size small and a size medium... he decided to go with the medium. my fingers are cursing him since I can't get the mock up onto the form. There is just so much foam! I'll punish him by making him zip them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment