26 September 2010

The Knitty Gritty

My sister e-mailed me asking if I knit. My answer: sort of. I taught myself to knit in high school, I stopped when i developed tennis elbow. I can do it as long as i remember to take a break after each row, so it becomes rather time consuming.

The item she'd like to have recreated she found on etsy. I wont post a link because if it gets sold then the link wont work. But she likes a scarf called Monterey and I must say i like it as well.

It's a nice chunky little thing. I had some chunky yarn on hand, but no big needles.

I went to Joanns on the way to Costco yesterday. I thought I got a pair of 25 but I read them wrong, they were size 50 I had read the 25mm opps. Anyways I fiddled with the needles and yarn some yesterday and the results weren't quite there. I never stitched more than 4 rows so not the best of samples.

I went hunting through my stash and found size 11 needles. I decided to work on pattern and not tension/spacing.

At first I thought it was just a simple k2, p2. But nope. tried k1,p1. Then I realized I might not have cast on properly, It helped knitting the knit column and purling the purling but didn't look right. I finally realized it's a fisherman's rib knit.

So now to go pick out some yarn for myself and get a better sized set of needles. Everything I stitched I pulled out so no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment