13 September 2010

Another Attempt at fitting Cassie

If you recall I got a Uniquely You dress form for Christmas last year. I was six months pregnant at the time and just never got around to getting Cassie (the dress form) to look like me. In July I tried to make a sloper up, but got to frustrated(or was it bored?) to work on it. I once again used the information from Kenneth King's Moulage to make my sloper this time.

I should mention my disc is in pieces, and so I'm very thankful that I printed out most of the book when it was still in one piece. Anyways with the help of MacMac sitting next to me, we worked on it while SqueekMoo played at our feet. Now having MacMac help adds another dimension of frustration, but I think the frustration I have towards his lack of knowledge in what he's reading cancels out my frustration of making mistakes because I was rushing through things.

So I made up the back Moulage. Tomorrow we shall hopefully work on the front, which means Wednesday maybe news of a fabric fitting. I hope it turns out well. I really would like Cassie to be a use-able me.

This afternoon I made another mock up of the training pants. I'm still having a tough time. I think much of my problemw ill be fixed if I jsut give into pinning the PUL. I'm sure the holes will shrink in the dryer but I'm still weary to pin it. Also I think a non-stick pressure foot for the sewing machine would help. But the pin thing is a cheaper solution so that will probably be the solution. I tried the size large with size small bands. I cut out a medium with small bands, but I might have to cut a small with smalls just to see. very tricky this fitting diaper thing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment