15 September 2010

The Fit of Me?

Well we did it. Actually 'We' didn't, MacMac had a long day at work, and I was really tired when he got home. So I caught a nap after dinner and he played Katamari on the PS3 for SqueekMoo. MacMac went to bed, SqueekMoo eventually followed. I am now wide awake. Visions of sewing are swirling around my mind and the only way I'll make any progress is if Cassie the dress form looks like me. So I went ahead and drafted the front without the pestering help of MacMac.

And this is what was created:

Back is on the left and front on the right. Note how demented the armhole for the front is. I have really narrow shoulder, I can't keep a bag/purse strap on my shoulder to save my life. Everything just slips right off, granted I'm not sure if that is due to slope or to narrowness.

Now for some interest, let's compare to last years moulage. Last year moulage was deemed a failure because someone who wont be named, didn't do a good job measuring my shoulders and when I did the muslin fitting it was just way to wide for my wee shoulders. the moulage is pretty forgiving in redrawing certain seams, but the shoulder midpoint is rather important for the whole bust dart so i never went back to redraw the whole thing. other than that though I don't think there was anything majorly wrong with it. expect perhaps side seam placement. It assumes equal mass front and back, so a baby belly didn't really get accounted for. But that's solved with redrawing the side seams in the muslin draft anyways. 

So the comparision:

Back side: New moulage on left, last years on right.

And front, new on left last years on right.

Probably does not help that you are comparing drawn lines versus cut lines. You can tell that last years one is wider compared to this years. Not a great deal wider but definitely a baby belly wider.

I might make use of my notes and make a cover in pregnant form. I took measurements at 8 months pregnant but never got passed the measurement stage so i'm not sure how well they were measured. But it's worth having something to drape a baby belly with I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment