13 September 2010

Another month gone?

Another month has gone and past. Progress has been hit and miss. The house looks a lot better so atleast that. SqueekMoo stunned us at the library the other day. We pulled out and ABC book and "just for fun" try quizzing him on the letters. He was able to say all but 5, he may know the ones he missed but he may have be distracted not sure. but WOW.

So I ended up buying a pattern for the training pants. All the time I fiddled, I wasn't far off from how you construct it. Fit however I don't think I'd ever get right in a million years. So I think my $8 was well spent on the Tinkle Time Trainer pattern. I made mine with a welt pocket. i think I'll probably add another welt pocket to the front. Still need to figure out the best waistband and leg band size, but very happy. As far as materials bought. I did splurge and get some lovely PUL knit prints on-line. But am using polyester from my stash for the waist and leg bands. I have some cotton knit in my stash the i'm using for the lining. Nothing I had was working well as a stuffer, however getting materials on-line isn't in the budget so I picked up a bundle of microfiber towels from Wal-mart. They work like a charm. Wish it wasn't a weird synthetic, but for now it will do.

That time of year is creeping in. When my cross stitch finds its way back into my hands. I've been drooling over the needlework system 4 again. I made a deal with MacMac that if there is no baby insight by next summer then next Mother's day that's what I want. Because if I get any time soon, it would be as a Christmas gift and that would be past the stitching season. If I'm to get it I'd like to get it as the season is starting up.  I did get an hours worth of stitching into the Romantic Stitcher though.

Plan for the week is to work on Cassie, get her fitted. We shall see how far we get with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment