04 May 2010

iPad Backseat Entertainment Pocket

My dad has asked me to make him a pocket for his Airstream West to be able to use the iPad as backseat entertainment. He is so helpful with the process that he even included a pattern for what he wanted.

The pattern he provided is the Sprocket Pocket by Maya Designs. There is even a how-to video on youtube how easy is that!?

Being that all the information was provided it was rather simple. Okay minus the whole not having 14x17 paper to print the paper. I ended up having to look up the dimensions of an iPad and recreating the whole pattern from "scratch" my numbers and their numbers are exactly the same. I think it's a difference in seam allowance and borders. But overall its the same thing.

I forgot to pick up the iron on adhesive so the project is on stand by. Also the sewing machine is in the master bedroom. MacMac doesn't mind sleeping with lights on sewing machine humming (he can sleep through anything). However SqueekMoo has been sleeping with us in the master bedroom since MacMac has an awful work schedule for the next month. So not much late night crafting has been happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment