09 August 2010

Trial Cake

Someone's birthday is coming up. As such I've made plans to once again bake him is birthday cake. This year though is a new cake recipe so I'm testing it out. The recipe that I used is from here.

This is actually test two of the cake. The first time was the first time i ever did anything involving egg whites. I quickly realized that it was close to impossible to whip egg whites into a meringue using just a fork. Since then a hand mixer has been bought.



I baked the cakes last night and made the custard as well. This morning i made the whipped cream.


I put come of the custard on to one of the cakes

Added a layer of canned fruit cocktail.

Another layer of custard and then the other cake piece.

Covered in homemade whipped cream

Chill. Cut. Eat.

Review: It doesn't taste exactly like what we expected. I don't think we normally have a custard filling with the fruit cocktail. MacMac says that he'll happily eat it as it though, not alterations required, unless i really want to figure out the differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment