08 July 2010

Tangled threads

Got a fair amount of smocking prep work done last night. I serged and pleated two newborn, one preemie, and one extra tiny stillborn gown. 

Well didn't quite get the second newborn sized gown pleated. SqueekMoo woke up a second time. The first time he cried and iw as able to walk in and put him back to bed with no troubles. The second time he waltzed right into our room without a word dragging his pillows behind him and was so sweet I just had to stop what I was working on and go to bed with him. It was also four in the morning.

Haven't had a chance to go finishing pleating that one gown though. DH decided to let SqueekMoo play with my pleater. He was kind enough to take out the needles, but let SqueekMoo terrorize the thread. sigh.

I was going to hold off smocking the gown for my trip, but I couldn't resist. i'd be so much more productive if I kept a steady stream of preped gowns on hand. But I don't so I don't finishing nearly as many as i could. Bad me.

But I did get three row of smocking on a newborn sized gowns. the rows are much much more longer than the tiny extra smalls that i had worked on last.


I did goof when i was pleating the ones I did last night. I cut the pleater thread way too short. It doable but not the best method. I'll have to remember next time not the short change the threads.

Talking about smocking. I picked up a book from the library recently. The book itself wasn't too terribly interesting, however there was a picture of a dress done up with a hint of smocking that I really liked. I showed it to MacMac and he said it was a very me sort of thing. So I looked into it and found there is a pattern for it! It's called Mother and Daughter jumper by Contessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment