22 June 2010

What's on the Project table this week

I'm in the middle of so many projects! Thankfully all of them are destine to be complete... I hope.

Doll for SqueekMoo. I started version one back in December. I made the doll and stuffed it, however the attempt to give her wig hair failed. So she was put on hold for some time. Recently Squeekmoo showed some interest in yarn hair as a substitute for mommy hair, so I quickly gave the version on yarn hair. Well MacMac has called it Cher one to many times and so I'm working on version two. Version on was a well endowed historical-ish cloth doll to dress up in historical garb. Version two is actually meant for to be a child's play thing. At this time I'm currently in the middle of stuffing her. After that its sew her head on, give her hair, and give her clothes and hopefully SqueekMoo will dote on her hair instead of mine at bed time.

Play Date Bag. Have to cut out lining and sew it all together. I have decided a little velco will be in order. I'm continplating velco and a zipper for the next version but we shall see.

Stillborn gown. I guess I get in the mood to make these during certain holidays. In these case Father's Day just went by and we reflected on Matthew in our personal ways. Anyways it got me in the mood to work on them. Reminded me I need to do more prep work so that when the mood strikes I don't have to waste time getting to the good part. I had to undo all the stitches of the last one I made, but I only have row to stitch of the current one. I hope to get a couple done this month.

I'm also going to start a photo word book for SqueekMoo. Basically get some pictures of some words he knows, and words we hope he'll learn. Write the words in nice capital letters and stick the pictures in a photo album. If these works I'll probably make him a Photo Alphabet book as well. Key thing I'm hoping out of the first photo book is we are going to visit form relatives and I think it would be wonderful if SqueekMoo could already identify them.

And that's what's on the project table...

No comments:

Post a Comment