03 October 2010

Wonderful Weekend

We had a splendid weekend (not weather wise), but it was so worth the happy dance we had. As you saw in prior entries I worked on the scarf for my sister. I should have that done by tomorrow if not Tuesday. i plan on giving it to my dad who has a lunch time layover with us Friday.

MacMac helped me put the cover that came with Cassie, the Uniquely You dress form, on to Cassie. We figured out the trick to doing it. It requires two people and the best place to help squish is from the sides not trying to wrap around. So have one person on the back side manning the zipper. Have the other person pushing on the sides. One in back pulls out the slack in the cover created by the foam compression and zips as far done was they can. And then scoot down and repeat.

We took measurements for the free corset drafting pattern from the Foundations Revealed website. And I got about a quarter of the way drafted with that.

The goals of the week are to finish the scarf, finished the cover I drafted to refit Cassie, and work on the corset.

We will be going on a trip in a few weeks for a few weeks, but when we get back I'll be going to the thrift store and refitting some pants with some nice stretch cotton knit in the belly area!

No comments:

Post a Comment