13 June 2010

Productive weekend

Part of the Project Stash Reduction, I made up some pillow cases for SqueekMoo. I started a Turning Twenty quilt using Moda Dinosaur Up Roar before he was born, and finished in time for his first birthday. I had a fair amount of left overs. I didn't have enough of any fabric to pull of the pillowcase pattern I have. But since the fabric's been sitting round for a while I went ahead and adapted the pattern. If we had an actual standard size pillow the pillow case would look silly. However the pillows in SqueekMoo's room are on the short side the pillow cases look fine.



I finished putting the borders on the Solar System quilt. There is plenty of backing left for it. All I need now is to get my hands on some batting.

I started work on making a stroller liner for our Baby Jogger City Elite.

Contemplating making a pattern by tracing a rough outline on to fabric... quickly decided against it. Went with using a measuring tape and getting key measurements to make a pattern.

Ignore the over exposure. The mock up run went well. A few changes here and there to make things better.

Now to make a test run. I have the fabric in the wash right now:
-Brown fleece left over from a cloak for MacMac I never made
-Little Red Riding Hood cotton quilt fabric that I got ages ago that I never found a pattern I like that made good use of the design.

Finally got a coupon for Joanns in the mail. feels like I've been waiting ages for it. I need to pick up from Ripstop nylon for some bag lining with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment