21 May 2010

Knowing when to move on

I had been very diligent in making the heirloom sacques, however I basically hit a wall. An inspiration wall that is. When I become uninspired in something I drag my feet and nothing gets done. What's worse is when I ignore that fact that I'm uninspired and become unproductive for some time.

That's what been going on that past two weeks is fighting "being good" with "uninspired." Had I given up on being good about staying focus on one task I would have at least accomplished something. The new rule is I can only work on works in progress projects, which in this case was perfectly fine. I wanted to work on one of my side projects.

Tonight I gave into the whim. I cut out the fabric for five stillborn gowns. I think I'm awake enough to iron what I cut. If I'm lucky I'll probably even mark the armholes. Tomorrow if all goes well I hope to serge, sew, and pleat.

Saturday my in-laws are coming. We tend to do a great deal of driving when we are around them, so I want to have some small hand projects to stay busy and productive on the drives. Smocking is the perfect distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment